Thursday, July 30, 2009

School supplies...

I see now why public school is FREE. I just got Cade and Kyler's supply list and goodness, it is going to bankrupt us. They want HOW MANY pencils? and what the heck is a plastic pocket folder? At least the scissors, tissues, baby wipes, ziplock bags, and hand sanitizer is OPTIONAL...
I remember when we needed 8 crayons (apparently they are teaching kids more then just basic colors...every 6 year old needs to know what cerulean is and the difference in creamy topaz and creamy beige right?) a single pack of paper, and 2 pencils. I don't have half a clue what 3/4 of this other stuff they want is! Why you need 14 pencil top erasers if you want 2 large pink ones as well? My kid is pretty darn smart, I don't expect him to make that many mistakes.
Now, it's when he starts bringing his homework home and I have to help him with it that I WILL NEED THE ERASERS...Because frankly, I am NOT smarter then a 1st grader!

No comments:

Post a Comment